Join the EMC team!
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
Enerdoor is seeking a Technical Sales Engineer for compliance testing, technical support, and sales. The ideal candidate must be willing to travel, enjoy a fast pace work environment, have good time management skills, be open to new challenges and flexible as the industry continues to expand in the United States. Competitive salary and benefits for the right candidate.
The Engineer is responsible for independently performing on and off-site compliance tests on a variety of products to the provisions of the US, Canadian and European EMC/EMI Standards, collecting and analyzing results, offering filtering solutions, preparing test reports and communicating with clients. Responsibilities include:
· Perform testing of products in accordance with Standards for, and while working directly with, the manufacturer
· Provide technical and sales support to existing distributors, sales representatives, and manufacturers
· Based on scope of the project requirements, identify, and locate test instruments and equipment required for testing. Follow handling procedures, ensuring that equipment is setup properly. Move equipment as needed through the facility. Properly package test instruments for shipment
· Communicate project status and test results to client, sales personnel, and management throughout testing. Provide on-going support to clients as needed. Perform other work as required
· Generation of reports post-test
· Attendance of occasional trade shows and seminars
· Weekly sales prospecting and development
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in engineering or relevant technical field; an Associate degree in engineering or relevant technical field; and 2-4 years related industry experience. Other science, technology, engineering & mathematic related disciplines will be considered.
· Experience/understanding of industrial power
· Sales experience or motivation to learn
· Preferred electrical engineering background with EMC/EMI testing and analysis
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Very good attention to detail
· Someone who takes ownership and pride in their work
· Strong analytical, organizational, interpersonal and time management skills
· Ability to make technical decisions and engineering judgments independently within established parameters
· Must be self-motivated and able to work independently in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment, as well as with a team
· Travel may be up to 40%
Competitive salary, 401K matching and health benefits
The Enerdoor Group is an international leader in the development and production of power quality and electromagnetic solutions for automated machinery and industrial plants. The Group’s broad range of products includes: EMI/RFI filters, motor protection devices, harmonic solutions, voltage stabilizers and surge protection. Additionally, Enerdoor offers on-site CE Certification and testing.
Founded in 1992, The Enerdoor Group consists of Enerdoor in North America, Germany, and Switzerland; Finmotor and Finlab in Italy; and Eichhoff Elektro in Hungary.